Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Bike Challenge, Day 3

I thought I was going to die on the way to work this morning. Going to bed late coupled with a rich dinner (kudos to Goose Island/Time Out Chicago & Piccolo Sogno), made for a darn good workout. Aside from the fact that I felt like I could have walked faster, I actually made very good time. Must mean my muscles are gaining strength and doing the work, regardless of what my brain thinks.

My note to self today is: Try to go to bed earlier. Riding when tired (plus sore from previous two days) makes for a hard kickoff to the day.

All considering, I had a very smooth (minus one hiccup) ride home. I am starting to feel much more confident on the bike and started to notice that I don't have to work quite as hard to move as I did on Monday.

Today was a huge success -- I discovered the best route (there and back) for keeping off busy streets and gravel paths. These options do add a little more mileage, but don't add more travel time. I am hoping that as I continue biking more and more I can also find some shortcuts options.

Anyway, enough of that. Here's the stats:

  • 18 miles
  • Average biking time 47 mins
  • No bugs eaten, no cat calls. Must be a Monday thing.
  • No profanity.
  • Number of hiccups: 1 (due to lack of balance)
  • Number of new bruises: 1
  • Traffic analysis: Congested. Way more traffic when crossing streets today, way more.
  • ROI: $4.50
As of right now, I am taking a day off tomorrow. I figure I may occasionally need one day a week to relax & regroup.

No comments:

Post a Comment