Thursday, January 20, 2011

ideas & time.

My brain is bursting with ideas. Literally bursting. Problem is I need an additional 3-4 hours in every day to make have all of these ideas come to fruition. Isn't that the story of our lives?

Once we start to get older, we start to realize how fast everything passes us by. Hello, it's almost February already! I hardly even remember January beginning or rolling into 2011. Time waits for no one. It just keeps on ticking and tocking.

This is where my "to-do" list comes into play. I am making a conscious effort (albeit hard) to spend more time "doing" and less time vegging. This is a challenge when the weather is cold and you are confined to a small one-bedroom apartment. Also a challenge when you don't want to be sitting another few hours in front of a computer doing the research and homework involved in making ideas turn into a reality. Despite these hurdles, I've found that my list at least keeps me moderately motivated and focused.

I know, I know. I am being very ambiguous about my ideas. I cannot help it, I like to tease. To entice. And, even to (sometimes) annoy. I also don't like to announce anything until it is a sure thing. I am a superstitious person when it comes to over-sharing before something is definite.

That said: One of my ideas--that has been a good 3 months or so in the making--is starting to grow some legs. It's not ready to stand on its own, or take baby steps yet, but I am confident it will get there. Just give me time.

No comments:

Post a Comment