Tuesday, February 1, 2011

seafood gnocci***

Seafood gnocci

It's cold, windy and snowy out. Dinner needs to be warm, hearty and healthy. Cue in seafood gnocci.

It is my goal within the next couple of weeks to empty out our freezer, cupboards and fridge. I want to start over fresh with all new foods. I feel like we stock pile things and then never end of using them. I mentioned that one of my resolutions this year is to eat more healthy foods. This will have to start in the kitchen, and has to start with a clean slate.

One a first glance in our freezer this evening I was already overwhelmed. Mostly overwhelmed by the amount of frozen fruit that is in there from past trips to the Maxwell Street Market. I am well aware that emptying our the freezer will involve a ton of baking in the next few weeks. I am up for it.

Although, I'll save the baking for another day, another post. I wanted a filling dinner tonight to beat out the winter blues (and what they are saying will be the worst snow storm of the century...). I'm calling this a Trader Joe's dinner because almost all the major ingredients (***) came from there.

I did not write down the recipe (I never do when I cook). Here is my best guess at ingredients:
-whole wheat gnocci***
- frozen seafood mixture (shrimp, calamari, etc.)***
- onion***
- garlic***
- fresh tomato & tomato paste
- butter
- splash on Vino Verde*** (one for the sauce, one for me)
- fresh parmesan cheese***
- herbs & seasonings

Do have any foods that you prefer to eat when the weather is cold & blistery?

No comments:

Post a Comment