Monday, August 16, 2010

Baking on the mind.

Baking.

This photo (which I took about two months ago in Grantsburg during a bread making class) is how I am feeling today. I want to bake, but just can't get past looking at the empty bowls and supplies I have in the kitchen. I know my baking results will be fruitful (pun fully intended).

I've got baking on the brain. I know it is because we bought a crate of strawberries (8-1 pint packages) over the weekend and I am thinking about pie, jam, bread...etc. One of my tasks for the evening is to prioritize that baking list. I refuse to let them go to waste.

On the top of my list is a strawberry rhubarb pie. I can use all market bought fruits! (Well, I don't know that rhubarb is technically a fruit; we got it recently at the Minneapolis Farmers' Market. Need to find a market here that is equally as awesome!)

Tonight we're making a strawberry almond salad. It's a simple, yet delicious salad.

Here's my recipe:
- Bag of spinach or spring greens (no iceberg lettuce allowed)
- 1.5 cups (~1 package) of fresh strawberries, halved
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- Gorgonzola cheese
- Balsamic dressing (olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper)

No comments:

Post a Comment