Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Cookies!

It's not that I haven't been wanting to put the apron on and bake lately, it's just that I haven't made time for it. My free time has been limited and rather than spend this time on baking, I've been doing more cleaning, organizing and reading.

I wanted to bake something with a fall theme, but while still being relatively healthy. This is why I decided to make: dark chocolate maple & brown sugar oatmeal cookies. In case you were wondering, oatmeal is what make these cookies healthy. :) I have a loose scale for defining healthy.

It smells absolutely delightful on our apartment right now. Sweet and spicy. These cookies will be perfect when coupled with apple cider.

Without further ado, here's the recipe:

1 c packed brown sugar
1/2 c sugar
1 t baking powder
1/4 t baking powder
3/4 c softened butter
2 eggs
1-1/2 c flour
1 t vanilla
2 c oatmeal
chocolate chips to taste

Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes until golden brown.


No comments:

Post a Comment