Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Bike Challenge, Day 2

I had thought that today was going to be a lot harder than it was -- this is not to say that I did not struggle (especially on the way home!), but I did see a small gain in speed. Woot, woot.

Before I continue, I wanted to explain my tracking methodology -- for the moment I am using "Cardio Trainer" app. I can choose my workout (biking) and it GPS tracks where I am and my speed. It also gives me breakout interval times. Over time I especially think this will be a cool feature -- provided I do indeed get faster. I admit the app is a little 'kitchy'; at the end of every workout it tells me how many pieces of fruit I have burned off. I guess it's a good thing to be able to put a calorie amount to the burn off in terms of food. Now if I only I ate 6-9 pieces of fruit a day ;).

I did really well on the way to work. On the way home I felt like I was dragging the whole way. Bypassing lunch and then riding 8 miles was not a good idea. Note to self: Eat lunch tomorrow!

My daily stats are as follows:
  • 18 miles round-trip (getting sidetracked added 1 mile)
  • Average biking time: 43 mins
  • Number of bugs eaten while riding: 0
  • Number of cat calls: 0
  • Number of four letter words uttered: 1
  • Number of teenager couples making out on hood of car: 1
  • Number of ice cream trucks: 1
  • ROI: $4.50

No comments:

Post a Comment