Monday, August 22, 2011

Bike Challenge, Week 2

I had thought it was going to much more difficult to get back up on my bike after having the weekend off. Happy to admit, I was pleasantly surprised.

My legs no longer feel like wet noodles. I am starting to notice that my arms and abs are getting a good workout now too. My forearms are tight; must have something to do with my grip. I feel like I can actually think about things other than biking, gears and the route now.

'Da stats:
  • 17 miles
  • Average biking time: 45 minutes (darn sidewalk construction!)
  • 1 woman biking with skirt and bonnet sighting
  • 1 pimped out Smart Car. By "pimped out" I mean covered in graffiti art. Rather cool actually.
  • 1 young boy riding a girl's bike (my guess: his sister got a new bike)
  • ROI: $4.50
Yay -- my bike savings at work: I got a new helmet (Bell Faction) so that I cannot be missed. It's bright blue and pretty darn styling. Again an advancement from a previously worn helmet.

No comments:

Post a Comment