Thursday, February 11, 2010

something *sweet

something *sweet

I thought it was time to post something *sweet to this blog again.

We seem to have more recently posted around the theme of horses (exhibit A, exhibit B, exhibit C, and *gasp*, exhibit D). Which photo is your favorite? I am partial to B, but that's no suprise - doubles are my thing.

Anyways, I have declared a change of pace. No more horses.

My inspiration came today as I woke up to a beautiful sunny, yet still chilly day. My mind drifted to sunshine and spring. And to celebrate - it was a day for baking. I suppose the hearts and love designs slightly nod to Valentine's Day. :)

Baking, for me, truly is therapeutic. I enjoy being able to invent as I go along with a recipe. I very rarely follow a recipe. Instead it's just a suggested route to an end. Obviously the baking soda, baking powder and other standards don't change -- but the add-ins do. I am not afraid to try new things while baking. Sometimes my changes fail, but for the most part the end result is edible bliss.

Yes, I have a sweet tooth.

Here's to warm cookies, hot chocolate and an afternoon of warmth. And, naturally -the recipe:

Orange You Glad Sugar Cookies:
+ 1 c softened butter
+ 1.5 c sugar
+ 2 eggs
+ 1 t cream of tartar
+ 1 t baking soda
+ 1 t orange extract
+ 1/4 t salt
+ 2.75 c flour
+ zest of 1 orange
+ small splash of oj

Heat oven to 375F. Bake for 9 -12 mins. ENJOY! :)

1 comment: