Monday, April 19, 2010

Sitting & smiling.

While flipping through old photos today, I ran across this one. This one was taken was some very dear pals of ours came to visit. (They are both in the background by the painted trees, and here is the shot they were getting at the same time this picture was taken).

It is pictures like this that make me fall in love again with the awesome photos you can take on a Vivitar Ultra Wide & Slim. Check out the Flickr group here.

Anyway, today I was particularly drawn to this photo. We had a busy weekend - party with relatives in St. Paul, MN - and seeing this photo of myself sitting on a bench by the lakefront in the sunshine makes me feel at home.

Not that I want to return to winter, but this photo makes me feel both comfort & warmth. Makes me want to soak up the sunshine. It also has me wondering how these trees look now. It sure did look neat to see neon colored trees in the white covered ground during the winter. I'll have to take a walk soon and check it out.

Happy Monday all. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to return to my bench in the sunshine. :)

--
Note: Turns out the tree painting, "
Painted Forest," was a project with the Chicago Park District & Moore Landscapes. I must have missed out on this bright orange bench. Darn.

No comments:

Post a Comment