Friday, March 19, 2010

my fall back plan...

... Almost always involves chocolate. Okay, not really, but it sure does help!

This is bar none my most bookmarked recipe. When you've got to whip up something sweet in under 35 minutes, this is my fall back plan. It's quick, easy and delicious. Oh, and did I mention - you can mix everything together in one-bowl? It doesn't get any better than this!

Chances are if you've ever been a dinner guest or if we've ever brought a dessert over, this was it. (Not to sell myself short though, I do make other sweets well and frequently. :))

No party or company on the agenda for the evening, but I needed something sweet. It has been one helluva week and I couldn't think of a better way of welcoming the weekend than with a one-bowl chocolate cake.

Here's the (drum roll please....) recipe. (It's from the Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book).

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Mix together in one bowl:
+ 1 c flour
+ 1 c sugar
1/2 c unsweetened cocoa powder
+ 1/2 t baking soda
+ 1/4 t baking powder
+ 1/4 t salt
+ 3/4 c milk
1/3 c cooking oil
1 t vanilla
1 egg
Add mixture to a greased cake pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. (Or until toothpick comes out clean). Cool, frost and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment