Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Shadows

shadows

It is a lovely day outside today - the sun finally decided to peak out from beneath the clouds.

One of the things that I like most about sunny days is the reflections and shadows it brings. I enjoy being able to capture a tourist moment of shadows rather than smiles sometimes. This photo just happens to be one that I really love - waiting for the train and playing with our shadows.

I think the combination between being overexposed (we used expired film) coupled with the reflecting light from the rails gives this photo some added character. I will admit: I have been happier with past results we have gotten from the Vivitar using expired film. I guess what I most like about this picture is remembering how close we all had to stand together to be in this photo. (If you look at the very top of the image, you'll notice how you almost don't see four pairs of legs.)

Sometimes the story behind a photo is better than the photo itself. Just like sometimes the reaction to a piece of artwork is better than the actual artwork. I had a long conversation last night about the perceived "value" and "beauty" of visual artwork. Turns out the conclusion we reached is ... It is all in the eye of the beholder. Just like one man's junk is another man's treasure.

Anyway, I can't wait to start seeing blooms and blossoms. Happy sunny day!

1 comment:

  1. That is a great pic. I love capturing the things sun can do when it's out and about.

    ReplyDelete