Thursday, March 4, 2010

simple inspiration

P3016773 P3016766 asaragusito1

This week I have found myself being inspired by the little, simple things. Maybe it's because I can feel spring in the air, or that I can see the sunshine pouring through our apartment windows. Well, whatever it is - I like it!

I wanted to start a new weekly creative challenge for myself. **Please do feel free to participate as well. Each week I want to find one thing that inspires me, and to try to work this one thing into some creative project.

I am been itching to take out all of my crafting supplies. Unfortunately, I have found myself far too lazy to recover them from our freezing closet and organize them. Not to mention we need a shelving unit to store everything. Okay, I will no longer make excuses!

This week my inspiration was .... asparagus. Asparagus is one of my absolute favorite vegetables, and I have been delighted that it has been on sale this week. I think its shape, structure, taste and color is fascinating. There are so many ways you can photograph this vegetable and I really enjoyed trying to think "outside of the box" with perspective and lighting.

Anyway, as I was preparing some asparagus this week I started to think of all the shapes, colors and expressions that could be used creatively with this vegetable. Naturally, the drawing above (which is mine, forgive the fact that drawing has never been more forte) captures the cuteness of this vegetable. How it always come in bunches and stays close to the others. You would never find an asparagus alone - it always travels as a team. :) I am hoping to do some more experiments with drawings, photos, colors and sayings. Stay tuned for more on that.

Perhaps it was a strange inspiration, and a strange way to start a challenge. Oh well, it is what it is. Now I'll just have to keep my eyes open for next week's candidate.

No comments:

Post a Comment