Wednesday, May 5, 2010

cinco de mayo

Happy Cinco de Mayo ya'll. My sincere apologies for not posting something sooner. Let's just say the last week has been a whirlwind. I've been in and out, and out of town. Good thing pm is picking up on the posts as well. :) I am not seeing a calm in the storm at all the rest of this week, but it's all good things.

In fact, it will always be good things. This is one thing I have come to realize as I have progressed on my life journey: It is more important to write about and remember the good times. I do not like looking back through my journals of my teenage angst years (P.S. I didn't really have any by the way, I just like how it sounds). I tended to only write about the times when I was stressed out or upset. Those are not the times I want to remember; this is why these journals have been discarded. I want to remember the good times. Those are the times I want to be able to share with friends and family. I am a true believer, just as Anne Frank said, "All people are good at heart." And, if that is the case -- let's remember it! Positive thinking. This blog is all about the positive, the good and the creative. I fully intend to keep it that way. (I will admit, there may be some slip-ups along the way. I will, however, do my best to remain upbeat. :))

Enough of that rant. It's Cinco de Mayo, and while my day was hardly a celebration complete with 'ritas, it was an exciting and very productive day. Now I have 'ritas and sitting on my parents' patio on the mind. I guess my archived photo of martini glasses and my favorite homegoods store (hint: it's where we got the killer deal on pillowcases) will have to do. Bottoms up!

Martini_Up

Recipe for the best margaritas ever:
(I'd like to agree that those who have tried it out would concur.)

+ 1 can limeade mix (frozen)
+ 1 can beer (light, not specialty)
+ splash of orange juice
+ tequila (fill limeade can almost to the top)
+ ice
+salt

No need to put it in the blender. Serve it over lots of ice. I also recommend drinking plenty of water with this recipe. It's a strong one. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment