Monday, June 21, 2010

30 Days of Creativity - Day 21: Summer Storm

Happy First Day of Summer! It's been a very busy last week of travels and changes.

This past week got me thinking about all the things that define summer. Ice cream naturally is on that list, but it goes far beyond that. It includes lake swimming, camp fires, night walks, fireworks and thunderstorms.

I just got back from northern Wisconsin, which got me thinking about summer. One of my dear pals and I took a bread making class (of which I plan to post on later this week complete with photos and recipe) and had the joy of feeling like we were living in the early 1900's. The class was at a b&b that was designed from antique store finds from this period. Amazing.

30 Days of Creativity - Day 21: Summer storm

Anyway, the point I wanted to make it that less than a decade ago a tornado went right through this couple's property and demolished their barn and lot. Summer storms often bring on tornadoes. We almost got our very own taste of this natural disaster.

Just so happens that the power went off and a tornado warning was issued just as our class was ending. If I know anything - I don't want to be anywhere near where a natural disaster strikes. But.... The views of the storm from this house/lot were incredible. I couldn't help snapping photos and then driving away only to pull over and take more photos. No tornado came. *whew.

30 Days of Creativity - Day 21: Summer storm

Let's hope for no more warnings this summer, and instead just unlimited lemonade, s'mores and grilled meat. No more putting my life on the line in the name of creativity. :)

1 comment:

  1. a tornado touched down 1.5 miles from where i work last thursday... it was scary.

    ReplyDelete