Wednesday, June 9, 2010

30 Days of Creativity - Day 9: Card Cutout

The other day I mentioned I had more paper than I know what to do with. That is, obviously, still the case. However, I wanted to try to challenge myself to think of different things to do with this paper. I did a handful of things today (mostly involving my stacks of paper), of which one was successful. Just as the Twitter roll for #30daysofcreativity says (via @createstuff) "Life is trying things to see if they work.” – Ray Bradbury. I did just that today. Try, try and try again.

I have been attempting to do a tutorial for a string ornament for months. I cannot seem to perfect it; and, as much as I hate to admit it, I don't think that tutorial will be up anytime soon. I'll find something else to do instead though, no worries.

30 Day of Creativity - Day 10: Card cutout

So what did I do? I made this cute card cutout. I am planning to make others as well, as they are great thank you/blank cards for future use. Time to sharpen the exacto knife and get back to it. This little project reminded me of one of my elementary art school classes. We made a stained glass "window" out of different cuts of colored paper. I remember that I made a dolphin. Oh yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment