Tuesday, June 8, 2010

30 Days of Creativity - Day 8: Sweet Tooth

My KitchenAid has been lonely. My palette has been craving something sweet. The solution: Cupcakes! I almost made my "go-to" recipe: One Bowl Chocolate Cake, but instead decided to make my cupcakes from a simple yellow cake recipe. The result, you guessed it -- delicious.

30 Days of Creativity - Day 8: Sweet Tooth

Now that it is summer I am eager to try out new dessert recipes. Cakes with ice cream, tarts with fresh fruit...etc. Since we're new to the 'hood we still have to discover all the great farmers' markets and orchards. We are planning to so check me of this over the weekend.

Anyway, a short post from us today. We don't want to delay eating these delights!

Here's the recipe:
Set oven to 375 degrees. Bake 15 minutes or until golden around edges.

Mix:
3/4 c butter
3 eggs
2 1/2 c flour
2 1/2 c baking powder
1/2 t salt
1 3/4 c sugar
1 1/2 t vanilla
1 1/4 c milk (or as I do it: one yogurt and 1/2 c milk)
+ I would have added orange/lemon zest to this if we would have had it at home. Darn!

No comments:

Post a Comment